• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Lumbar Inflate Not Working?

Tbone

Reaction score
Hi all, inadvertently, the car was left out during a severe thunder shower & even with the top-up & windows closed, it got lots of water in the interior!

More rain than anything.

Cars are usually in the garage.

I had one too many after-dinner Scotches & forgot it was out! šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

I think itā€™s probably the fuse, but no one explicitly calls it out.

Does it share a fuse? Which is it?

Reactions: Knightrider189

Tbone

Reaction score
Hi all, inadvertently, the car was left out during a severe thunder shower & even with the top-up & windows closed, it got lots of water in the interior!

More rain than anything.

Cars are usually in the garage.

I had one too many after-dinner Scotches & forgot it was out! šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

I think itā€™s probably the fuse, but no one explicitly calls it out.

Does it share a fuse? Which is it?
So I discovered info that might be pertinent. Oddly while I never use the lumbar button it seems during the rain where water ended up about 1/2ā€ deep on the passenger side floor the lumbar motor on the pump triggered for the driver seat and its fully extended, Must have shorted a connector & hopefully triggered the fuse & it wonā€™t release nor does the passenger lumbar work at all either. With som research I found the pump. & motor for the lumbar r under the passenger seat which is where the 1/2ā€ water was. I got the water out & left in sun w top down to dry out. Iā€™ll do the same tomorrow & change the fuse then cross my fingersšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

Reactions: Knightrider189

Knightrider189

Reaction score
I never messed with a lumbar seat, but Iā€™m sure someone here has and hopefully can answer that question.

1989 Pontiac Formula Firebird, 5.7, all OEM

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am