• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Editing Restraint?

Seventy6er

Reaction score
Not sure if this site is run by quasi-AI or some other system, but I've noticed that posts are somehow edited to change adjectives and such, which changes the intent and delivery of the original message.

Whether AI or a human, this should not be done absent pre-post recommendations and certainly not without consent.

It's likely illegal to put words in my mouth that I did not utter or otherwise state, and social media is practically a permanent record.

As just one example, I don't and never use the phrase "excellent" in the context it was changed to in the following thread.

https://www.pontiactransamforum.com/threads/1977-trans-am-with-original-24k-miles.1803/

Last edited:

Pontiac Trans Am

Smokey
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.pontiactransam.com
We have a program that we work with to fix spelling and grammar, and we still are working with it so people can understand what people type.

It has been undergoing some changes, and we are still working on it.

Thank you for bringing that up.

PTA Staff

Seventy6er

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification.

Here in this forum, it's not a major issue as it perhaps would be in those other social media platforms, and thankfully, there don't seem to be any Trolls lurking around here to provoke folks and cause trouble.

Well, hopefully, you all can get it fine-tuned a little better, which, as an aside, also reminds me of the paragraphing (instant return) of individual sentences it seems to be doing, so just FYI.

Anyways, thanks again for being receptive to my concerns.

Reactions: Knightrider189

Pontiac Trans Am

Smokey
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.pontiactransam.com
Thanks for the clarification.

Here in this forum, it's not a major issue as it perhaps would be in those other social media platforms, and thankfully, there don't seem to be any Trolls lurking around here to provoke folks and cause trouble.

Well, hopefully, you all can get it fine-tuned a little better, which, as an aside, also reminds me of the paragraphing (instant return) of individual sentences it seems to be doing, so just FYI.

Anyways, thanks again for being receptive to my concerns.
There will never be any trolls in here, so you don't have to worry about that, as we ban them ASAP, and they never get past our security.

We have been working on our program that puts incorrect spelling, punctuation, and paragraphs in the correct order for easy reading.

We are trying this new thing as we have been on other boards and sometimes can't understand what the person was trying to say or spell out, but we are on it and working on it every day.

Thank you for being here!

God bless,
PTA Staff

Reactions: Knightrider189