• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

1980 Pontiac Yellowbird

Gfirth

Reaction score
I'm looking for more information on the 1980 Pontiac Yellowbird.

I just looked at one that has been sitting since 1997 and is in very good condition but needs some things sorted out.

The car is a one-owner, all original, and fully loaded as far as I can tell; I have a pic of the original invoice, which is handwritten with all the option codes she ordered.

It has the 301 V8/auto, PW, P locks, P trunk release, AC, T-top, spoiler, cruise, Rear window defrost, HD battery, Block heater, Full gauge package w/tack and clock, lamp group, AM/FM Cassette, Tilt steering, and Standard slip rear end.

There are a few other codes that I can't read in the description.

This car is rust-free and never winter-driven; it has been garage-kept and rust-proofed.

Things that I need to address: the car has been sitting in the garage for over 27 years; when I looked at it, the battery was dead, so I could not start it.
I will change the oil and drain the fuel tank before starting.

The interior will need a good cleaning; however, the bucket seats need new seat covers.

I have looked everywhere, and those seat covers are not available right now (Camel Tan cloth); my fingers are crossed that someone on this forum may have a source.

I know this car is rare and that only around 17000 1980 Pontiac Esprit's were produced, of which ??? were Yellowbirds.

If I purchase this car for my wife, it will be kept as a survivor.

Here are a couple of pictures.

yellowbird2.JPG
yellowbird5.JPG
yellowbird6.JPG
yellowbird10.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: