• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Turn Of The Screw?

Fatherandsonproject

Reaction score
Greetings everybody,

Does anyone know where I can get about 32-40 of these little torx screws for the inside door panels of my son's '83 Trans Am?

I've checked Classic Industries, GM Parts Online, and Frank's Pontiac Parts.

Most of the original screws in the panels have been stripped by the original owner. I don't know the name of them, but they are 1" in length.

We found some on eBay that were 1 1/4' in length and tried one, but it quickly became stuck and now has to be drilled out.

Torx 1.jpg

Torx 2.jpg

I'm trying to get my son's car ready before he leaves for ASU in August, and we desperately need to replace his door locks and rubber seals, but I can't until I can get the door panels off.

1983 Trans Am Door Screws.jpg

We're new to car restoration and are learning as we go.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Knightrider189

Knightrider189

Reaction score
Greetings everybody,

Does anyone know where I can get about 32-40 of these little torx screws for the inside door panels of my son's '83 Trans Am?

I've checked Classic Industries, GM Parts Online, and Frank's Pontiac Parts.

Most of the original screws in the panels have been stripped by the original owner. I don't know the name of them, but they are 1" in length.

We found some on eBay that were 1 1/4' in length and tried one, but it quickly became stuck and now has to be drilled out.

View attachment 2803

View attachment 2804

I'm trying to get my son's car ready before he leaves for ASU in August, and we desperately need to replace his door locks and rubber seals, but I can't until I can get the door panels off.

View attachment 2806

We're new to car restoration and are learning as we go.

Any help would be appreciated!

Have you checked with Hawks Motorsports or Yearone?

1989 Pontiac Formula Firebird, 5.7, all OEM

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am