• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

New member from Oregon

transamranch

Reaction score
Website
www.transamranch.com
First off I would like to say that I like the looks of this forum. It's very clean. Easy on the eyes. That being said....

My name is Sussie and I live in the central part of Oregon. I am retired from the entertainment industry and now am a Farmer and a Writer. My cousin, Simone Knight, lives with me and is a mechanic. She also helps me run the farm when she is not working at her job or on our vehicles. We collect Early 3rd Gen Trans Ams. We also help people understand and find parts for theirs. We do this as a free service because we love the misunderstood early 3rd gens. We have a 1982 Trans Am converted to a Knight Rider car (K.I.T.T.) that is well known in this area and is requested a lot at functions. We also have my first Trans Am, a 1984 all original affectionately known as "Phoenix".

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am

transamranch

Reaction score
Website
www.transamranch.com
@transamranch do you have build photos?
Not really. Never had the time. Just before and after photos. I did take a couple when I had the nose installed. I paid for someone to come in and do the conversion at my farm. And also a couple taken at the body and paint shop while they were working on it.

This is what it looked like before. I bought it like this. This photo was taken the day after I bought it. I dropped it off at the shop to be thoroughly gone over and everything mechanically repaired or replaced....

first drop off smaller.jpg

transamranch

Reaction score
Website
www.transamranch.com

transamranch

Reaction score
Website
www.transamranch.com
Please keep in mind that the photos at the FB site after KITT was painted Pontiac Black are of an incomplete car. You will see that the front indicator covers are not on the car as they were when we had the nose on but the car was still Bright Metallic Blue. There is a reason for this. Our body and paint guy is not going to put them on until the knock down and buff out is completed on the car. Because paint needs to age before this is done, and the car got out of paint just before show season started, we waited until show season was over before we sent it back for the knockdown and buff out. We point this out to people viewing the car because we don't want people to think that is the way the original KITT was (There is also a placard in the window of the car explaining this when we have it at events or shows) When the car comes back it will not only have the covers put back on but also the door guard strips on the sides. Then it's going to be sent off to be ceramic coated by my friend Shane Mayfield who is an award winning detailer.

transamranch

Reaction score
Website
www.transamranch.com
I just went over and added some of the missing descriptions of the photos at KITT's facebook page in case anyone wanted to go look.

transamranch

Reaction score
Website
www.transamranch.com
I just looked at the pics!

Will you be doing a full replica or outside only?

Just the outside at this point. The problem is that I am not a computer geek and no one in this area could handle putting the dash and other parts in. The person that I used to install the nose and scanner and all is no longer available. And we explain this to people when we go to events and shows. However that has not stopped the car's popularity and it still gets requested.

We will be doing the interior though as currently its blue. The problem is finding the interior trim. That box I bought (shown in the photos) that held the trim ended up being a waste of $500 as it was all trash. And the person I bought it from cannot be located as he keeps moving around. He also closed out his PayPal account shortly after so I will never get my money back according to PayPal.

We will never pass this off as a full conversion. We tell people the reasons behind why it is not. But people still love it and it brings smiles to many many faces. And that is all that we wanted in the first place.