Looking for help finding a fiberglass rear spoiler

Weekend Warrior 71

Reaction score
Hello, In my experience, when you need to find something out about a car, forget the repair shops and dealerships, the people to ask are forums like this. I took on helping my father in law with his 89 Firebird. I've already rebuilt the pop up headlight motors, tore down the steering column to fix the turn signals and rebuilt the power antenna with broken inner cable. BTW, if anyone needs to rebuild their power antenna, go get the inner cable out of a trunk power antenna from a Buick from the mid 80s. Easy to find and no rust issues.

That's what I've messed with on it thus far. The next can of worms I've opened up is the classic issue of the rubber rear spoiler rusting out. I already removed the old spoiler. Does anyone have a source I can check into for a new or used fiberglass aerowing wrap around spoiler for a better price then $400? The best I could find was $365 off ebay new plus freight plus finishing and paint. If anyone knows where I can get one cheaper, perhaps used that is already Firebird red, all the better. Thanks.

Reactions: Knightrider189

Knightrider189

Reaction score
Hello, In my experience, when you need to find something out about a car, forget the repair shops and dealerships, the people to ask are forums like this. I took on helping my father in law with his 89 Firebird. I've already rebuilt the pop up headlight motors, tore down the steering column to fix the turn signals and rebuilt the power antenna with broken inner cable. BTW, if anyone needs to rebuild their power antenna, go get the inner cable out of a trunk power antenna from a Buick from the mid 80s. Easy to find and no rust issues.

That's what I've messed with on it thus far. The next can of worms I've opened up is the classic issue of the rubber rear spoiler rusting out. I already removed the old spoiler. Does anyone have a source I can check into for a new or used fiberglass aerowing wrap around spoiler for a better price then $400? The best I could find was $365 off ebay new plus freight plus finishing and paint. If anyone knows where I can get one cheaper, perhaps used that is already Firebird red, all the better. Thanks.
Check with Hawks motor sports.

Black 1989 Pontiac Formula Firebird 5.7L, WS6, automatic, T-tops, all OEM...

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am

Weekend Warrior 71

Reaction score
Check with Hawks motor sports.

Black 1989 Pontiac Formula Firebird 5.7L, WS6, automatic, T-tops, all OEM...
Hawks wants that $400 plus, I was hoping to find something cheaper used.

Plus used means it was already fitted and sometimes there are fitment issues with fiberglass repops.

I'm sure there is someone that has one in their rafters somewhere off of a long gone car, just got to put the feelers out and find it :)

Reactions: Knightrider189