• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Finally Brave Enough To Post My 76 TA - Still Work Ahead

Seventy6er

Reaction score
It's been a rough year under the lipstick of it all, but here we are from historical Zero - once no known background but mechanically brought back to her birthright with a normal pulse again, breathing thru the 400-4 & TH350, PHS obtained and recently confirmed numbers matching throughout, and otherwise correcting other people's abominations from a glued nasty trunk to some 5th grader who wired the whole damn thing.

A true WS-4 Starlight, which came with Honeycombs in horrible shape but which I opted to change for Snowflakes (to compliment the Y82 appointments that covered it). The mystery of the Hurst Hatches still eludes me, but, Yes, they leak as customarily known to be as true. :)

More tuning and some minor others to go, but I am toying around with the thought of replacing the rear from the godforsaken emissions-era 2.41 to a 3.42 (but the wife is already 666 about the $$$ - LoL), so not sure where that will land and I may keep the drivetrain original.

Seventy6er1.jpg
Seventy6er2.jpg
RRTA3.jpg
RRTA5.jpg
MyEngineJune2023.jpg
Seventy6er3.jpg

Knightrider189

Reaction score
It's been a rough year under the lipstick of it all, but here we are from historical Zero - once no known background but mechanically brought back to her birthright with a normal pulse again, breathing thru the 400-4 & TH350, PHS obtained and recently confirmed numbers matching throughout, and otherwise correcting other people's abominations from a glued nasty trunk to some 5th grader who wired the whole damn thing.

A true WS-4 Starlight, which came with Honeycombs in horrible shape but which I opted to change for Snowflakes (to compliment the Y82 appointments that covered it). The mystery of the Hurst Hatches still eludes me, but, Yes, they leak as customarily known to be as true. :)

More tuning and some minor others to go, but I am toying around with the thought of replacing the rear from the godforsaken emissions-era 2.41 to a 3.42 (but the wife is already 666 about the $$$ - LoL), so not sure where that will land and I may keep the drivetrain original.

View attachment 2734View attachment 2735View attachment 2736View attachment 2737View attachment 2738View attachment 2739

I’m jealous!

Nice car.

1989 Pontiac Formula Firebird, 5.7, all OEM

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Seventy6er