• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

FS: 1978 Trans - Black Beauty

gregbert78

Reaction score
Hello Everybody.

I've been a forum member for quite a while. I've owned my '78 since 2017. A year or so back, I told you all my car was for sale. I didn't want to do so, and I think that came across. It also had a few issues that I wanted to take care of first. Now those issues are done. New ball joints and tie rod ends. New tranny and gas lines. Quite a bit of other stuff too.

Oh yeah, rust-free. The only damage is one small dent on the front passenger side. I have it circled in red.

The only things still outstanding are:
  • The cold air from the AC barely makes it out of the vents. It's not the AC unit itself. The vents have come a bit loose from their dash connections. It still blows very cold.
  • The electric window units probably need to be replaced. They roll up and down fine. Just slow, and sometimes you need to help them out.
I've seen cars in similar condition selling for over $45,000 at auction. I'd be happy getting around $33K for it.

I'd rather sell it to a fanatic that wants it.

The odometer reads below 90,000 miles, and the person I got it from swears that's real.

The title says Mileage Unknown, and the VIN is 2W87Z8N191286.

I have all the PBS Info and would be happy to share it.

Attached to this message, you'll find the original Build Sheet. Just as I prefer no T-Tops.

Here are some photos I took today.

There are a bunch more at https://photos.app.goo.gl/RuAjr7mdF3hfB8bo7.

Let me know if you have questions or need anything else.

1661383011089.png

1661383127872.png

1661383213623.png

1661383343208.png

Attachments

• 1978TransAmOriginalBuildSheet.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
Reactions: Knightrider189

bhill86

Reaction score
Not that he’s been back since the listing but for clarifications sake for anyone reading this the document he attached is the dealer invoice, not a build sheet. Similar, but not the same.