• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

1979 10th Anniversary T/A Value?

pontiac59

Reaction score
So the place I had cars stored, the owner died, the estate sold the home to a new owner, and some things were sold as part of the property.

One of them is a '79 10th anniversary Trans Am. I was friends with the previous owner of the car, and he had me help him go through it when he got it. It came as a basket case - nose off and apart, engine/trans out, engine block had the heads taken off and left that way, and it's probably complete junk at this point, but it is still there. The car itself wasn't all that bad, with no significant rust issues; the carpet was out, the floors looked good, the paint was fair, and the nose popped back into shape when pulled out of the car.

The biggest issue is no idea if there's a title anywhere. In some states, it's old enough that it doesn't matter. It's been off the road long enough the condition it is in probably has dumped records of it from their files. It's perhaps 20 years, but it's been stored the entire time indoors, save the engine. It's a 403/auto car. I don't recall what other options.

So the question is, what might it be worth? I know it's not worth some huge fortune, but I think it's desirable enough to have more than scrap value. Also, have to figure out if it's worth messing around to get a title.

I realize photos would help, but I don't have any right now. But if you had a running motor combo and didn't care about the interior is perfect, you could probably have it up and driving in the time it would take to get the motor in, the nose on, and go through the brakes and fuel system. All the 10th anniversary-specific stuff, including the wheels, is there. From what I remember, the paint would clean up to a decent driver level.