• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

New Guy from Henderson NV

Redbrew

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,

Just joining from Henderson NV.

My name is Dale and I just bought a 78 Trans Am from Rick down at Trans Am Specialties.

I bought my first TA back in 87 when I was active duty and had it shipped to my duty station in the Philippines. 3 years of terrible roads and even worse gasoline and I enjoyed every minute of it. Never an issue with the car despite the climate and conditions.

I finally got around to getting another TA. It is in great condition but rather anemic with a 180 hp eng and 2.56 gear. No worries as I plan on installing a 455 built along the lines of the one Car Craft built back in 2003. Car is an automatic which I am not super thrilled about but I can work with it.

I look forward to being a member of the community and look forward to researching the threads for information.

Once again hello

Redbrew

Red trans am.jpg

9T8WS6

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,

Just joining from Henderson, NV.

My name is Dale and I just bought a 78 Trans Am from Rick down at Trans Am Specialties.

I bought my first TA back in 87 when I was active duty and had it shipped to my duty station in the Philippines. 3 years of terrible roads and even worse gasoline and I enjoyed every minute of it. Never an issue with the car despite the climate and conditions.

I finally got around to getting another TA. It is in great condition but rather anemic with a 180 hp eng and 2.56 gear. No worries as I plan on installing a 455 built along the lines of the one Car Craft built back in 2003. Car is an automatic which I am not super thrilled about but I can work with it.

I look forward to being a member of the community and look forward to researching the threads for information.

Once again hello

Redbrew

View attachment 1352

It's a Beauty.

Welcome.

A little useless trivia for you.

I see you joined on Aug 16th, the day Elvis died.

They said when Buddy Holly died in 1959, it was the day music died.

While he was great Aug 16, 1977 was the day music (Elvis) died.

Welcome again Sir.
Be Blessed.