• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

New from NC

Reaction score
I've been a Knight Rider fan since the show came on and I was 4 yrs old. The show is what made my love for Trans Ams.

I've owned 4 different cars since 2006. First was a TPI 86 TA, which I will never own one of those again.

Next was an 84 Firebird hardtop sold it, had an 83 Recaro and that was mainly for parts, I now have a really nice, 2nd owner 84 Trans Am. Its a T-top, carb, manual windows and locks though but that's ok. I wish I would have bought another one I found it was also an 84 but hardtop with power windows and locks. T-tops bug me leaking so much and believe me, I tried to replace t-top seals before on the 86, not ever doing that again myself.

The 84 I have now drives and rides the best out of any that I have had. Granted the engine is not original. I had to replace it as the head gasket was blown and once we took the heads off it was really bad and needed a rebuild. I had an engine already and just dropped that in it, late 70s 305. It is going to be a long haul with this one as I have limited funds.

It REALLY needs paint the poor thing, maybe one day. The lady that had it before me must have had some cheap place to put paint on it who didn't know what they were doing. Going back and forth between black and midnight blue when I get to that point. I am trying to slowly redo the interior first as that's what I can afford right now. Paint and bodywork are going to kill me.

Look forward to seeing everyone's cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am

9T8WS6

Reaction score
Great ride.

Thanks for sharing the photo.

Sounds like you seriously enjoy your T/A and that's a big part of the fun of owning one.

Being a Night Rider fan will add to that pleasure. Do you plan to add the light kit in the grill the same as Kitt? I'm guessing yes.

Years ago, I made a business trip to the west coast and went to Hollywood when that show was still running on television.

Visited "I think" the Paramount lot and toured there. I don't remember the number of cars they had but it was something like 6 or 8 cars they used to film the show. When they would make a crash with the car, they would take it to the body shop on the lot and pull another car to use.

We did tour past the body shop and you could see several Kitt cars waiting for body and paint work. Just a little useless trivia.

Actually, I really enjoyed seeing and hearing that part of the movie lot tour.

Enough so, we took a vacation out a little later so my wife and Son could see how the movies and television shows were filmed. I apologize for the dissertation.

Good luck with your car.

Post photos when you can.

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am
Reaction score
I don't plan right now to make it into KITT.

I just ordered seat covers in blue as I want to make the interior close to the original color which was blue, besides that fact blue is my favorite color.

I'm not sure what to paint the outside yet but that's like years off.

Great ride.

Thanks for sharing the photo.

Sounds like you seriously enjoy your T/A and that's a big part of the fun of owning one.

Being a Night Rider fan will add to that pleasure. Do you plan to add the light kit in the grill the same as Kitt? I'm guessing yes.

Years ago, I made a business trip to the west coast and went to Hollywood when that show was still running on television.

Visited "I think" the Paramount lot and toured there. I don't remember the number of cars they had but it was something like 6 or 8 cars they used to film the show. When they would make a crash with the car, they would take it to the body shop on the lot and pull another car to use.

We did tour past the body shop and you could see several Kitt cars waiting for body and paint work. Just a little useless trivia.

Actually, I really enjoyed seeing and hearing that part of the movie lot tour.

Enough so, we took a vacation out a little later so my wife and Son could see how the movies and television shows were filmed. I apologize for the dissertation.

Good luck with your car.

Post photos when you can.

Last edited by a moderator: