• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Gary from Kansas City

gary.ruffin

Reaction score
I found your website hoping to help a lady who recently contacted me.

I have owned several TA"s and presently have an 02 Firehawk.

She told me they possess a rare Herb Adams 1979 Fire-Am that they are going to offer for sale.

She stated it is based on the Bandit (black) with special seats and a 403 Olds engine.

The car has been well kept, always garaged and is in excellent condition with approx. 66 k miles.

It has full documentation.

They are looking for a fair value appraisal and an idea of what a fair price would be.

I did indicate that I had no idea of the value but would try to put the word out to more knowledgeable people.

They live approx. 50 miles from Kansas City.

Last edited by a moderator:

gary.ruffin

Reaction score
She did say that they had many pictures of the car.

If someone is serious I would just give them her phone number and they could deal directly with her.

I have the feeling they're trying to avoid all the clowns and idiots a car like this seems to draw.

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am

Pontiac Trans Am

Smokey
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.pontiactransam.com
She did say that they had many pictures of the car.

If someone is serious I would just give them her phone number and they could deal directly with her.

I have the feeling they're trying to avoid all the clowns and idiots a car like this seems to draw.
Please message us as we would like to call her and get the info.

Thank you,
PTA Staff

gary.ruffin

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why her husband didn't speak to me.

She seemed genuine and easy to talk to. I did tell her the value would be very subjective. Many guys like myself believe Pontiacs should be built with Pontiac motors . The fact that GM was terminating ( large displacement ) engines and decided to dump 403 olds engines in the TA's still irritates me.

I tell people all the time one of the most interesting aspects of attending the national convention (POCI ) are the seminars.

The car guy engineers that worked for Pontiac tell all the stories of how much crap they put up with from Corporate headquarters, the jealousy, and crying from Chevy.

Everything submitted had to be approved by all the other divisions.

You quickly see why Pontiac went from building awesome cars to boring corporate look-alikes.