• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

A/C Heater Blower Motor

79301TA

Reaction score
I have an electrical gremlin.

Today my blower motor was not working in the high setting. The first 3 were fine. I assumed it was the relay. After some research, I unplugged the resistor and the high speed started working. I plugged the resistor back in and now all speeds are working like they are supposed to.

Any idea as to what is going on? All parts are original. I will say this. The red wire leading from the relay to the back of the alternator doesn’t look great but I don’t see anything obviously wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am

Pontiac Trans Am

Smokey
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.pontiactransam.com
I have an electrical gremlin.

Today my blower motor was not working in the high setting. The first 3 were fine. I assumed it was the relay. After some research, I unplugged the resistor and the high speed started working. I plugged the resistor back in and now all speeds are working like they are supposed to.

Any idea as to what is going on? All parts are original. I will say this. The red wire leading from the relay to the back of the alternator doesn’t look great but I don’t see anything obviously wrong.

It could be a bad motor friend.

Oneandonly

Reaction score
It could’ve been just a bad connection sometimes just by cleaning up the connections and putting on a little bit of dialectical grease will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9T8WS6

Reaction score
Following with interest. Mine still works but with a loud rumble at the fast speed.

I haven't worried about it too much since it still works.

Maybe I'll try the unplug deal and see what happens.